Monday, July 14, 2014

Vulgar Display of Power


If you're not listening to this song after seeing the album cover above, well...You're either not a metal fan or just a big, fat lame-ass. 

One of the great things about Warhammer 40,000 is that it's so metal-centric. Certain armies just give off the metal vibe and it goes hand in hand with building and painting--especially when building and painting a Khorne army. 

Khorne at its best is a vulgar display of raw power. No wussy psychic phase. No bullshit. Just pure combat. Lots of stuff in your opponent's face as quickly as possible. I've been mulling over a Khorne army for years and just recently decided to get to work on one.

 My painting table recently exploded with models. Take a look at the madness above.

Here's about 15 finished bloodletters ready to sharpen their swords on some space marine armor.

 I'm using this OOP Khornegor as a bloodreaper.

 Here's a herald or a CSM lord on a juggy. I prefer metal characters over finecrap and that preference usually has me spending a pretty penny on eBay picking these suckers up. I got this guy for a song though.

 Some unfinished doggies...

Some spiders I'm going to use as counts-as hounds of Khorne in case I want to run them in my Nurgle army.

Can't wait to paint this sucker...This is a very underrated model. The detail is fantastic and it'll look sweet all painted up.

Here's some recently nerfed bloodcrushers of khorne. Not so good in the game, but just amazing models nonetheless.

Some bases...

 Here's an old rhino I painted 4 years ago when I started to build a CSM mono Khorne army. That feeling didn't last long. The old CSM (5th ed.) codex had zero flavor and every unit was expensive. I gave up pretty fast and built a vanilla marine force as my second army.

 OOP dudes...
 These are some of the coolest Khorne models out there and I wish GW would revamp the look of these guys in a new berserkers kit.

 Close up of these old mono-pose guys. I'm pretty sure Sean hooked me up with these dudes.

Here's a Kharn the Betrayer that's seen better days. He came out of a bits box at Pandemonium games in Central Square.

 Some converted berserkers I built and painted back when I painted that old Khorne rhino.

This dude was entered in a painted contest 3 or 4 years ago. I feel like my painted has gotten much better since then. It's nice to pull the old stuff out to take a look once in awhile. I could probably still run this guy as a herald on juggy with a new base.

Here's the belle of the ball. He'll be a prince or a bloodthirster. We'll see if GW decides to come out with a new plastic kit first...

No comments:

Post a Comment