Friday, February 20, 2015

Cruisin' Down the Street in my '64: Cracker Barrel with a Side of Velveeta


Down at Evil Dice we're doing something called the New Army Initiative. The point of it all is to get people to break out of their mold and start building another army. This is cool but I've already got four armies and a closet full of miniatures...I still want to participate but I really don't want to buy even more stuff, so I'm just going to build upon my marine army by adding unpainted miniatures I already own.


Case in point: I have a ton of bikers (over 20) leftover from dreams of a Dark Angels army about four years ago. The poor bastards have been sitting in a box rotting away. So here lies the White Scars army I've always dreamed of. At small point levels I'll ally them with my existing marine army. As the bikes increase, the other allies will decrease. Simple and easy.

I've decided these guys will be the White Scars successor chapter, the Solar Hawks, that way I can use the old Ravenwing bikers I've got and the dudes from the Dark Vengeance boxed set. There is literally no existing fluff for the Solar Hawks. Perfect. I can invent whatever the hell I want. For instance...After a serious battle during the heresy, a large group of White Scars, now dubbed the Solar Hawks, were cut off from their brothers and left to wander in an uncharted region of the solar system. Soon these battle hardened marines, along with their leader, Eric Wright, came upon a small, uncharted but habitable planet.

It was here that they discovered some old hard drives of music unseen before in the Imperium. From some deduction it was purported to have been called "gangsta rap" over 37,000 millennia ago. Was it coincidence or fate that the leader of this musical band N.W.A. and their new chapter master shared the same name? They didn't think so...They named their new planet Khomp-Tun and adopted the techniques learned from the old school lyrics into their chapter tactics.

At any rate, that's the fluff I've been able to pull out of my ass thus far. These guys will be the wiggers of the 41st millenium and they will worship the teachings of N.W.A.

Silly fluff aside, I've created a few rules for myself in order to build this new army:

1: I will paint each piece and each biker separately, one at a time.
2: I will not buy anything new in order to build this army. Bits only.

Of course, I had to build the ultimate badass first, the Chapter Master with a shield eternal, thunder hammer and blah, blah, blah...

 He's about 90% done here, just a few touch ups and some detail on the hammer and he'll be ready to bash some heads. This work here was done during seasons seven and eight of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

 Can't wait to throw this fucker down on the field.

 Rollin' down the street in my '64...

 Jockin' the bitches...

 Slappin' the hoes...

 Went to the park to get the scoop...

 Knuckleheads out there, cold shootin' some hoop...

 A car pulls up, who can it be?

 A fresh El Camino, rolled, kilo-G...

This dude pumps his favorite song, Boyz in tha Hood while riding to battle.




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man,

    great looking mini but where are the updates I need a little more dr. hemlock in my 40k or else life's not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude, I just moved out west, to LA, so the 40K and the blog are both on a bit of a hiatus at the moment. No fear. There will be some entries coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. เล่นผ่านเว็บ pg slot สล็อตเครดิตฟรี ไม่ต้องฝาก ทดลองเล่นโดยไม่ต้องฝาก เล่นได้แบบไม่มีขีดจำกัดตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง รวมทั้งเบิกเงินในปริมาณ พีจี รับเครดิตง่าย ๆ ไม่ต้องฝากก็เล่นได้

    ReplyDelete