Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What Color is Your Glottkin?


Yeesh, it's been awhile since my last post and I'm sure the two or three people that read this shitty blog figure I quit. That's not the case. Truth is, I haven't been painting much, I've been working on a super secret project that I'll share when I'm done. 

In the meantime, it's been over a month since my last post, let's rock out to some S.O.D. and take a look see at the Glottkin fig.



Stop being a pussy and play this loud or die. 

Quick backstory on Stormtroopers of Death from memory: They were comprised mostly of dudes from Anthrax as some sort of jokey side project. I'm certain their songs pissed some people off back in the day, I mean, Speak English or Die...

Reality: Two dudes (Scott Ian and Charlie Benante) from Anthrax reunited with former bass player Dan Liker (Nuclear Assault) and fused hardcore punk with thrash metal. Boom. Billy Milano from the Psychos and former Anthrax roadie supplied the vocals and would go on to form M.O.D. (Method of Destruction) a terrible band. Oh, and yes, this music pissed some people off...

This song, one of my faves, is very 40K. I can imagine this as some sort of marching music for Chaos Marines. 

At any rate, the Glottkin model. I'm sure many are wondering how big it is and will it be too big for a 40K greater daemon? The answer...I'm not so sure. The fucker isn't just big, he's huge.

 Here's Glotty next to a paperweight GUO. I've included a few more pics with different camera angles, but it doesn't get away from the fact that this fucker is huge but fits comfortably on a regular oval base.

 Can't wait to paint this bad boy.

 I'm not irrelevant yet!
Now that I've bought and assembled the damn thing I have no freaking clue what I'm going to do with him. There's a lot of empty space on his back where the sorceror and other Nurgle guy should be. I'm thinking I'll put a bunch of nurglings up there but otherwise I have no idea. 

Here he is next to the softball sized GUO from Forgeworld. This pic is from Tale of Painters a phenomenal painting blog. They've always got a ton of new stuff up. Go check out the maggoth lord this dude painted. I was blown away.

That's it for today. Keep on rocking in the (sorta) free world.




No comments:

Post a Comment