Friday, November 7, 2014

Hobbyhammer: Quick and Easy Blood Bases

Yeah, I'm not sure Bob Ross was much of a Slayer fan, he most likely rocked out to Simon and Garfunkel while painting his "happy trees," but hey, you can never really know a man's musical taste by his chosen profession. I mean, there's a chance that ol' Bob did some headbanging back in the seventies, I doubt it was Slayer, but I'll bet a month's salary that he threw on some leather and rocked out to Judas Priest at least once in his life...

Anyway, here's the anthem of today while we go over some blood bases for Khorne daemons or whatever floats your boat.

Play this loud or don't play it. Don't waste my time with your pussyfooting around like some kind of Justin Timberlake fan boy. 

I finally based this bad boy (Still needs some skulls and such floating around on the blood). Rob at the club asked me how I did it, so I figured it would make a quick and easy post. 

It isn't much of a secret that Gorilla Glue expands as it hardens (Snicker). Things can get a little more interesting if you add more than the recommended dosage of water. It takes a little trial and error for the right ratio but if you get it right, the glue will puff up and create a sort of gooey appearance. 

 This is what the glue will look like after being applied to the base and water. I stir it around a little to mix while it's on the base.

 Once I have it all squared away I put the other terrain features in there.

Here we are in hardened form, 12 or so hours later.

Here's the painted version, ready for one of my juggernauts (If I ever get around to painting them).

Voila. Eat your heart out, Bob Ross.


I wonder what army he would have played? Probably Tau...


1 comment:

  1. Nice one man.

    I think Bob Ross is also an ASMR trigger. Dude is so chill.

    ReplyDelete