Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mark's Trench Display Board Part One

The following is a work in progress of a recent trench board I've been working on for a friend.


Here's the initial set up. Pink Panther just peeking over the top there.


After some serious elbow grease, the trench work is done. I definitely need to buy something that cuts through foam a little easier.

Now we're getting somewhere. I've got sand down, some boards have been added to the "Command bunker" in the left corner and I've put down two base coats and a coat of real paint. No more Pink Panther.

To get a sense of how many points this thing will hold, I threw down about 3500 points of my Sons of Corax. There's still a good amount of room leftover for more marines so this will definitely hold Mark's chaos marines or his formidable IG, sorry Astra Militarum (Insert wet fart here).

Yeah baby!

Nice shot of the bridge over the trench. I love how the storm talon actually looks like it's hovering in the distance.

Libby I painted a few years back looks like he still holds up. The plas-dread not so much.

Captain Shrike, ready to whup some ass.


Stop, hammer time.

This is looking good and now that I've put models down on this puppy, I'm getting psyched up to finish it. I still need to do a shitload of dry-brushing and insert some barbed wire, tank traps and then do the water effects which will make this thing look totally bad ass.

Doing this is also pumping me up for redoing my shitty Mars terrain marine display board and work a little on the final touch ups for my chapter. Now that mech is back in fashion, it'd be nice to put the coup de grace on some tanks and really make the boys in Necron abyss stand out.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment