Monday, June 23, 2014

Mark's Trench Display Board Part Three

Whew! Almost there. I never thought taking on a miniature display board like this would absorb so much time, but it has been a huge learning experience. I feel like it has not only given me better terrain and display board making skills but also made me better at fine tuning basing and painting in a larger scale for future projects. I now want to build a 6x4 table for Evil Dice and I'm much more confident that I'll be able to do it quickly.

Here is my first decent display board. A chaos themed board with my first attempt at water effects.

Here's a shitty picture of a nice detail I added to the board. I loved the board at the time but now realize that it needed more height to really stand out. Back to the drawing board for the Nurgle army...

Continued from Mark's Trench Display Board Part One: and Part Two: I have decided to put a suction pipe at the bottom of the command post section of the trench.

 Here's some detail of the process of wrecking previous hard work. Foresight is key!

 In this pic we see the pipe fitted in, the wall repaired, and everything repainted.

 Here, the water pump is attached to the top pipe.

Now we get to see some close ups of the craters with the water effects. The crappy iPhone pics don't do it much justice. In real life this really makes the board sing.




 I'm especially psyched at how this run off detail came out. Let's hope the duct tape holds.

 Water effects add such a nice touch of realism.

Stay tuned for the finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment